This is a perfect spring salad with the right mixture of crunchy texture, sweetness and comfort. And it looks really beautiful plated too.
This meal is bursting with phytonutrients, vitamins and antioxidants and is guaranteed to nourish your body from the inside out.
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 20 mins
4 cups of greens of your choice. I used rocket, coriander, baby spinach and watercress
8 -10 baby potatoes, halved
1 cup green beans, ends cut off
1/4 cup pomegranates
1 piece of 200g trout
1 stick of celery, diced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 small cucumber, ribboned 1/4 cup sprouts
1/4 cup sunflower seeds, raw Handful of edible flowers Knob garlic butter
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 tsp honey
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar Juice of 1 lemon
* leave out honey for vegans
Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Boil potatoes in a small pot of salted water for 10 minutes
3. Place potatoes on a baking tray with a knob of butter and drizzle of olive oil. Season with
salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes. Turn the potatoes half way through.
4. Boil beans in a pot of salted water for 8 minutes.
5. In a medium size frying pan, add your seeds and dry fry for 5 minutes. Wait until seeds start
to brown then stir for 1 minute. No oil is needed.
6. In a big salad bowl, add your green salad base. Top with your cut fresh ingredients, green
beans and roasted potatoes. Toss salad and sprinkle with sprouts, seeds and edible
7. Season your trout with salt and pepper. Heat a pan, add 1 tsp olive oil and your trout. Sear
for 4 minutes each side. Serve trout broken up in your salad or as a side.
8. Dressing: add all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk. Drizzle over your salad.
GF | RSF | PESC