BLACK RICE & MISO MUSHROOMS
The ultimate comfort bowl – salty mushrooms, miso broth, nutty black rice and crunchy broccoli, all finished off with an extra special charred lemon wedge. This vegan friendly bowl of delight is easy peasy and full of feel-good nourishment to get our gut happy and your skin shining.
1 cup black rice
300g wild mushrooms
3 TBS miso paste (we prefer white miso)
2 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp sesame oil (can substitute)
200g broccoli spears
¼ cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Rinse black rice and then pop into 2 cups boiling water, simmer for 30 min or until cooked then drain
- Slice mushrooms in half or quarters, size dependant
- Mix miso with soya sauce and a grind of black pepper and toss mushrooms to coat
- Place mushrooms into tinfoil and close into parcel, roast in oven for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat a pan and toast off your sesame seeds until lightly browned. set aside
- Cut your lemon in half and on a hot pan give the cut sides some dark caramelisation colouring. set aside
- Slice your broccoli in half, lengthways.
- Heat the sesame oil in your pan and sauté your broccoli on a high heat to char. after about a minute turn down heat and cover with a lid to allow to cook through.
- Toss your broccoli with the toasted sesame
- Place rice in bowl, add your mushrooms (be careful when opening the bag as the steam will be hot) spooning over your miso broth, and add your broccoli to one side with your wedge of charred lemon
*We love this dish with a fried egg if you aren’t going vegan!!
VEGAN | RSF